We’re Re-Opening – 4th July Update
We’re glad to be re-opening on Saturday 4th July. The Hatch will continue to offer delicious homemade cakes, burgers, butties, toasties and drinks for takeaway but from Saturday 4th July, we’re delighted to announce that you’ll be able to order from our new menu and choose to enjoy your meal from within the cafe with a fabulous lakeside view.
Our Cafe Manager here at The Gateway, along with the Chefs, have been busy creating a Summer inspired menu that’s perfect for refuelling after a walk around the lake, a bike ride with the family or simply a pitstop en route to Cirencester or Swindon.
If you haven’t tried one of our award-winning stone oven-baked pizzas, then now is the perfect opportunity to do so! Choosing which topping may be tricky as we have so many to select from but whatever your decision, we’re certain you won’t be disappointed!
The perfect accompaniment to any of our pizzas is, of course, a Cotswold beer or a glass of refreshing Pimm’s –alternatively, why not choose a delicious smoothie or locally pressed fruit juice.
For those of you who are driving, we are delighted to introduce to you our low alcohol (2.8%) Shandy by Shandy Shack.
All are available at our Lakeside Bar, that also boasts covered outdoor seating.
For those with a sweet tooth, we also have our full range of Dolcetti Ice-Cream available to takeaway or enjoy indoors, available in cones or tubs.
Just like our Cakes, we like to continuously treat you to new flavours so make sure you stop by every time you visit, as we always have new flavours.
The Hatch & Cafe – Food Served 9 am till 3 pm
The Lakeside Bar & Pizza Shack – Food Served 12 pm till 9 pm
We have also taken every precaution necessary in order to keep its staff and customers safe upon opening on the 4th of July. Here are a few of the many things that will be new to Gateway Cafe when you return:
- Spaced Seating – All of our seating is spaced at exactly 2 metres or more apart.
- Reduced Capacity – Spacing our seats means a reduces capacity. We have also followed strict government guidelines with regards to how many people are allowed in our establishment at any one time.
- One-Way System – We have introduced a strict one-way system around the establish with clear signage and waiting points.
- Table Service – Customers used to be able to order at a counter, from now on all orders will be taken at the table to reduced the movement of people through the cafe.
- The Buddy System – We have created an internal “Buddy System” with the staff which reduces the risk of contamination.
- Contactless Payments – All customers will be required to pay by card and preferably contactless.
- Disposable over Crockery – To reduce the risk of cross contaminations between customers, for the time being, we’re only using disposable wear inside the cafe (don’t worry, we use disposables made from 100% plant materials which are environmentally friendly and decompose).
There are numerous other changes that we have made to keep the customers and staff safe but these will be the most noticeable. If you would like to take the time to read our Risk Assessment then please Click Here.
We must remind every customer that if they, or a member of their household, has had any symptoms of the virus recently than they should not be entering the establishment.
We hope that these changes are openly taken on as we are making sure we have every measure in place to keep you safe.
Thank you – The Gateway Team.